Some businesses and non-governmental organizations in the Yukon need to verify that people are fully vaccinated so they can have access to services and events.
The Vaccine Verification Rebate provides funding for the equipment they need to verify people's proof of vaccination.
What does the program cover?
You can apply for a rebate of up to 50 per cent of the cost of a device or devices, up to a maximum rebate of $500.
How long does the program run?
The rebate applies to purchases made between November 8, 2021, and December 20, 2021. You must submit your application by January 31, 2022.
Why do I need a device to verify people's vaccination status?
We developed the Yukon Vaccine Verification App as an easy way to verify someone’s proof of vaccination. Scan the QR code on someone's proof of vaccination credential and the app will show whether they:
- are fully vaccinated;
- are partially vaccinated; or
- have no record of vaccination.
People must be fully vaccinated to access certain settings.
Who can apply for the rebate?
The rebate is available to Yukon businesses and non-governmental organizations that require proof of vaccination before allowing people to have access to services and events.
The program is open to Yukon businesses that:
- are registered and in compliance with Government of Yukon Corporate Affairs; and
- meet at least 3 of the following criteria. Your business:
- has an office with a physical address in the Yukon;
- is subject to the Yukon Income Tax Act;
- is registered under the Business Corporations Act or the Partnership and Business Name Act; or
- has a valid municipal business licence.
An eligible non-governmental organization is a Yukon-based organization that is:
- a registered non-profit society, including religious organizations;
- a not-for-profit corporation incorporated under the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act; and
- registered and in compliance with Government of Yukon Corporate Affairs.
Who cannot apply?
The following organizations cannot receive this rebate:
- governments at all levels and their corporations; and
- any business or society that is not required under the Civil Emergency Measures Act (CEMA) to verify someone's vaccination status.
You can claim costs for:
- app scanning devices that you'll use to verify people's vaccine status, such as a smartphone or tablet; and
- shipping costs.
You must purchase the equipment between November 8, 2021, and December 20, 2021, to be eligible for this rebate.
You cannot claim costs for:
- extended warranties or coverage plans;
- software purchase; or
- website development costs.
How to apply
You must provide:
- a completed online application form; and
- documentation showing proof of purchase of an eligible device between November 8, 2021, and December 20, 2021.
You must submit your application by January 31, 2022.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-456-3803 or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408 and ask for the Vaccine Verification Rebate (extension 3803).