What is the Home Repair Loan Program?
The Home Repair Program provides a loan for Yukon homeowners to repair their principal residence. We have updated the home repair program so that we can provide technical assistance to applicants and the program is flexible to Yukoners’ housing needs. Contact us for more information.
- Your home needs repairs or upgrades to improve energy efficiency, overcrowding, accessibility or health and safety.
- Your repairs improve the overall life of the house for the next 15 years.
- Your repairs meet our modest design guidelines.
Apply for a Home Repair Loan
- Complete the Home Repair Loan application.
- Complete the Verification of Employment form.
- Submit your application.
In person: 410 Jarvis Street, Whitehorse, Yukon. Our hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Note: All home repairs should be completed within 1 year of the approval date.
Loan financing details
- Amortize over 15 years in 5 year terms.
- Interest rates of bank prime +1%.
- Loans up to $50,000.
- Loans up to $20,000 if your property is on rented or leased land.
- This program has forgivable and subsidy loan options for eligible applicants with low to moderate incomes.
For questions about applying for a loan to repair your home email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-667-5759 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5759.