The Home Repair Program provides Yukon homeowners with an opportunity to borrow up to $50,000 to repair their principal residence. This program has forgivable and subsidy loan options for eligible applicants up to $30,000.
- The repairs must be on your primary residence.
- The repairs must address building components in need of repair, energy efficiency upgrades, overcrowding or accessibility issues.
- Your repairs should help improve the overall life of the house for the next 15 years.
- If your property is on rented or leased land, you are eligible to borrow up to $20,000 in financing.
Apply for a Home Repair Loan
- Complete the Home Repair Loan application.
- Complete the Verification of Employment form.
- Submit your application.
In person: 410 Jarvis Street, Whitehorse, Yukon. Our hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Note: All home repairs should be completed within 1 year of the approval date.
Loan financing details
- Amortize over 15 years in 5 year terms.
- Interest rates of bank prime +1%.
For questions about applying for a loan to repair your home email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-5759 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5759.