What is the Home Repair Loan Program?
The Home Repair Program provides a loan for Yukon homeowners to repair their principal residence.
- Your home needs repairs to improve energy efficiency, overcrowding, accessibility or health and safety.
- Your repairs improve the overall life of the house for the next 15 years.
- Your repairs meet our modest design guidelines.
Apply for a Home Repair Loan
- Complete the Home Repair Loan application.
- Complete the Verification of Employment form.
- Submit your application.
In person: 410 Jarvis Street, Whitehorse, Yukon. Our hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Note: All home repairs should be completed within 1 year of the approval date.
Loan financing details
- Amortize over 15 years in 5 year terms.
- Interest rates of bank prime +1%.
- Loans up to $50,000.
- Loans up to $20,000 if your property is on rented or leased land.
- This program has forgivable and subsidy loan options for eligible applicants with low to moderate incomes.
For questions about applying for a loan to repair your home email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-667-5759 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5759.