The Yukon Home Ownership Loan Program supports eligible Yukoners to help with buying or building a home.
- You must be a Yukon resident for at least 90 days.
- You're building or buying a home for your primary residence in the Yukon.
- You fall within Yukon Housing Corporation’s debt-to-loan ratios.
- A bank declined your buy or build application.
- You'll need a 2.5 per cent down payment and closing costs.
- You can build or buy a new home on titled (fee simple) lots or First Nations land, depending upon your arrangements with Yukon First Nations.
For build loans
Approved applicants have up to 2 years to complete construction.
Purchases completed or builds undertaken before approval
If you make a purchase or start a build before we approve your loan it may not be eligible for funding.
- Amortization period of up to 30 years in 5-year terms.
- Interest-only payments during the construction period (for build loans).
- Interest rate is 1 per cent below the average posted 5-year mortgage rate at the major banks.
When to apply
Applications open from: April 17, 2023
Deadline for applications: May 19, 2023, at 4:30 pm
Applications open from: July 04, 2023
Deadline for applications: September 05, 2023, at 4:30 pm
How to apply
- Check the deadline for submitting your application.
- Download and complete the home ownership program application form.
- Complete the verification of employment form, if applicable.
- Submit the completed and signed application and any required supporting documentation.
410 Jarvis Street, Whitehorse, Yukon. Our hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Government of Yukon
Yukon Housing Corporation
Box 2703 (Y-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
Get a rebate on energy efficient upgrades
We offer Good Energy rebates on renovations and upgrades that make your buy or new build home more energy efficient. You can combine rebates with the Yukon Housing Corporation’s Home Ownership Loan Program.
For questions about applying for a loan to build your first home email email@example.com or phone 867-667-5759 or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408.