What is the Rural Home Ownership Loan Program?
This program is for people living in a rural community in Yukon to buy or build a home. This program is not available in Whitehorse.
- You are a building or purchasing a new home for your primary residence in a Yukon community outside Whitehorse.
- You fall within our established debt-to-loan ratios.
- You cannot get a loan from a bank.
- You will need a 2.5% down payment.
- If you build your own home, you must show that you have required skills and experience to complete the project.
Apply for a Rural Homeownership Loan
- Complete the rural home ownership loan application form.
- Completes the verification of employment form
- Submit both completed documents and any required supporting documentation:
In person: 410 Jarvis Street, Whitehorse, Yukon. Our hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Email: email@example.com (during COVID-19 situation, please submit forms by email)
Note: You have between 1 to 2 years to complete construction, depending on whether you hire a company to build or undertake the project on your own.
Loan financing details
- Amortize up to 30 years in 5 year terms.
- Interest only payments during construction.
- Interest rate at or below 1% the average posted rates. This is the posted 5 year average interest rate at major banks.
- You must prove you are bank ineligible every five years after year 10.
For questions about applying for a loan to build your first home email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-667-5759 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5759.