The Housing Initiatives Fund call for projects is open from November 15, 2020 to January 15, 2021.
What is the Housing Initiatives Fund?
The Housing Initiatives Fund provides capital grants for new affordable housing across Yukon. It can be used for new rental housing or new home ownership options.
There are three (3) streams this year:
- Shovel Ready (Whitehorse);
- Shovel Ready (Rural); and
- Project Concepts.
Eligible projects must include a minimum of four affordable units in Whitehorse and one unit in communities.
This year, additional consideration will be given to projects that aim to meet the needs of seniors, tenants earning less than Yukon Housing Corporation’s household income limits, homeless or youth (aged 18-25). Innovative housing projects that include mixed market housing or co-housing are also encouraged. Projects may include a commercial component; however, any commercial portion of a project is not eligible for funding.
The Housing Initiatives Fund can be combined with other government programs.
- Community housing providers including public or private non-profit housing organizations or rental co-operatives;
- First Nation governments and development corporations;
- Municipalities; and,
- Private sector companies and individuals.
Application submission deadline
January 15, 2021
Projects in Whitehorse are eligible for up to $60,000/unit up to a maximum of $600,000
- Rural projects are eligible for up to $90,000/unit up to a maximum of $900,000
- Projects in Whitehorse are eligibile for up to $20,000
Submit your funding application
- Complete your submission form.
- Attach your project submission and include information from the submission checklist:
- Core requirements of quantity, affordability, barrier-free design, energy efficiency and occupancy and,
- A project narrative, proponent qualifications, and project financial viability and feasibility .
- Submit your completed application to Yukon Housing Corporation.
In person: Yukon Housing Corporation office in your community. In Whitehorse at 410 Jarvis Street. Our office hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (call 867-667-5759 to ensure your application has been received)
Government of Yukon
Yukon Housing Corporation (Y-1)
For questions about the Housing Initiatives Fund email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-5759 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5759.
How will my housing development submission be evaluated?
Shovel Ready (Whitehorse) - Housing Initiatives Fund Evaluation Criteria
Shovel Ready (Rural) - Housing Initiatives Fund Evaluation Criteria
Project Concepts - Housing Initiatives Fund Evaluation Criteria