Get electrical permits and schedule inspections


  • You are a homeowner and you've done your own wiring on your principal residence after passing the electrical test.
    Note: You can only wire your principal residence. If the home or any portion is being used as a rental unit, you must hire an electrical contractor.
  • You are an electrical contractor, hired to do electrical work.

Apply for an electrical permit

  1. Complete the electrical permit application.
  2. Submit your completed application and the $25 fee.
    In person: 2251 B 2nd Avenue, Whitehorse, Yukon. Our hours are Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
    Fax: 867-393-6249
    Government of Yukon
    Building Safety (C-8)
    Box 2703
    Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6

Schedule an electrical inspection

  • Call 867-667-5741 for an inspection after each of the following stages of work are completed:
    • rough-in wiring;
    • service wiring; and
    • final finish wiring.
  • We require 72 business hours notice before the requested inspection date.

For questions about applying for an electrical permit or scheduling an inspection email or phone: 867-667-5741 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5741.