- As a homeowner, you can apply for a temporary electrical construction service permit to build your dwelling. If you hire an electrical contractor, they will apply for a permit for the entire job (temporary service and wiring dwelling).
- You are an electrical contractor, hired by a homeowner to install temporary service and wire the residence.
Apply for a temporary electrical service permit
- Complete the electrical permit application.
- Submit the $25 fee and application.
In person: 2251 B 2nd Avenue, Whitehorse, Yukon. Our hours are Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Building Safety (C-8)
Install the service and schedule inspections
- Install the temporary service.
- Call 867-667-5741 to schedule an inspection of the installation.
- The electrical inspector will send a Connect Permit to the utility company to inform them the service is ready for connection.
Renew your permit after 3 months
If construction hasn't reached the stage where the service can be mounted to the dwelling within 3 months of getting your permit you will have to renew it for another 3 months. You can renew in 3 month increments for up to 1 year. This costs $25 per renewal.
For questions about applying for a temporary electrical service permit or scheduling an inspection email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-5741 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5741.