- You are a homeowner and you've done your own wiring on your principal residence after passing the electrical test.
Note: You can only wire your principal residence. If the home or any portion is being used as a rental unit, you must hire an electrical contractor.
- You are an electrical contractor, hired to do electrical work.
Apply for an electrical permit
- Complete the electrical permit application.
- Submit your completed application and the $25 fee.
In person: 2251 B 2nd Avenue, Whitehorse, Yukon. Our hours are Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Building Safety (C-8)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
Schedule an electrical inspection
- Call 867-667-5741 for an inspection after each of the following stages of work are completed:
- rough-in wiring;
- service wiring; and
- final finish wiring.
- We require 72 business hours notice before the requested inspection date.
For questions about applying for an electrical permit or scheduling an inspection email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-5741 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5741.