The Rural Electrification and Telecommunications loan program helps rural Yukon property owners get electrical, telephone and internet service to their home.
You can apply for this loan if you are a rural residential property owner whose property is outside Yukon municipalities. Your property taxes must be paid and up to date.
Your project must be:
- for a single-site connection;
- a group project; and, or
- an alternate energy system for private use.
- Funding for individual projects is limited to 25% of the assessed value of the property, less any existing local improvements.
- Maximum funding is $50,000, excluding group projects.
How to apply
- Contact us to discuss eligibility and program details. You can email email@example.com or phone 867-667-5268 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5268.
- Fill out an application and submit:
Drop box: 308 Steele Street in Whitehorse, Yukon. We are open from Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We have temporarily suspended drop-in front-counter services to respect physical distancing measures.
Government of Yukon
Property Assessment and Taxation (C-9)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
- We will review your application.
- If approved, you must agree to the terms of payment and follow the project through to completion.
- Once the project is complete, we pay the invoices and enter into a local improvement charge agreement with the property owner.
- You will see the local improvement charge on your annual property tax bill.