You must let us know if you will be leaving your social housing unit for a period of time. Only people who are named on your lease can stay at your house while you are away.
We want to make sure you have a plan:
- so that your unit is kept in good condition; and
- you pay your rent while you are away.
- Complete the Short-term tenant absence form if you will be absent for less than 30 days between October 1 and April 30.
- Complete the Long-term tenant absence application if you will be absent for 30 days or longer (all year).
- Submit your form.
In person: 410 Jarvis Street in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or go to the Yukon Housing Corporation Office in your community.
Government of Yukon
Yukon Housing Corporation (Y-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
- We will be in touch to confirm that we've received your form.
For questions about an absence from your social housing unit email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-5759 or toll-free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5759.