Provide money to an inmate at Whitehorse Correctional Centre

How do inmates access money?

When an inmate is admitted to the Whitehorse Correctional Centre:

  • a trust account is set up for them;
  • the inmate can use money from their trust account to pay for phone calls or items from the canteen; and
  • all money in their trust account is returned to them upon release.

How can you transfer money to an inmate's trust account?

  • You can deposit money at the Synergy kiosk in the Whitehorse Correctional Centre (cash only). Or, use any kiosk location across Canada. You need to know the offender PIN (inmate number) to use the kiosk.
  • You can also buy a MoneyGram at any Canada Post location. Once you buy it, phone Synergy Customer Service 1-866-713-4761 to deposit the MoneyGram into the trust account. For more information visit the Synergy website. 

To find out more about transferring money to an inmate at the Whitehorse Correctional Centre,  phone 867-455-2900.