Apply for a permit to operate an off-road vehicle in an ORV management area

An off-road vehicle management area restricts the use of off-road vehicles within the designated management area. If you need to operate an off-road vehicle in areas where use is restricted, you can apply for a permit.


We’re currently only accepting applications for permits in the Ddhaw Ghro Habitat Protection Area.

To apply for a permit in the Ddhaw Ghro Habitat Protection Area, you must have a Scientist and Explorers Act licence.


  1. Download, complete and sign the application form.
  2. Include a copy of your Scientist and Explorers Act licence with your application.
  3. Submit your application to the Land Management Branch.
    In person: We're located at 320-300 Main Street in Whitehorse. We're open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
    Government of Yukon
    Land Management Branch (K-320)
    Box 2703
    Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6

The Land Management Branch can help you with any questions. Phone 867-667-3185 or email