We can temporarily restrict off-road vehicle use for up to 90 days in cases when immediate protection of sensitive areas is necessary.
We can create the temporary restrictions in areas:
- not proposed to become an off-road vehicle management area; or
- that are proposed to become an off-road vehicle management area; when
- the proposal is out for public review and First Nation consultation; or
- the trail plan is currently being developed.
We are not currently accepting proposals for temporary off-road vehicle restrictions. We'll start accepting proposals on January 29, 2022.
We'll create temporary restrictions in 2021 if a completed Government of Yukon public planning process recommends them.
You can submit a proposal for a temporary off-road vehicle restriction if you represent:
- the Government of Canada;
- the Government of Yukon;
- a Yukon First Nations government;
- a municipal government;
- the Yukon Fish and Wildlife Management Board;
- a Renewable Resource Council; or
- a Local Advisory Council.
If you do not represent any of the above organizations, you must have 1 of them complete and submit the application on your behalf.
Prepare your proposal
Your application must contain:
- your name and contact details;
- a description of the proposed temporary off-road vehicle restriction area;
- reasons why the restriction should be created;
- evidence for why the area requires restrictions, such as:
- details of off-road vehicle damage;
- images of the area;
- studies describing the area’s sensitivity;
- affidavits of the sensitivity or damage; or
- documentation of support from affected First Nations.
Submit your proposal
We are not currently accepting proposals for temporary off-road vehicle restrictions. We will start accepting proposals on January 29, 2022.
- Submit your proposal to the Land Management Branch.
In person: We're located at 320-300 Main Street in Whitehorse. We're open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Land Management Branch (K-320)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
- We’ll inspect the area to confirm the need for a temporary restriction.
- We review your proposal and make a decision on creating a temporary restriction.
The Land Management Branch can help you with any questions. Phone 867-667-3185 or email Michael.Draper@yukon.ca.