Emergency preparedness helps keep our schools safe. An emergency can happen anywhere, any time.
- During emergencies, student and staff safety is the 1st priority.
- Staff are trained and prepared to care for your children in the event of an emergency.
In the event of an emergency, as soon as information is available we will notify you.
- Remain calm and follow instructions to ensure everyone’s safety. Your cooperation will allow emergency personnel to focus on what’s most important – the safety of the children.
Each school has its own safety plan
- coordination with the RCMP and other agencies;
- evacuation routes and alternate sites;
- security protocols; and
- other important health and safety considerations.
What parents can do
- Listen to your local radio stations for further instructions.
- We will provide regular updates as information becomes available.
- Do not call the school.
- Leave the lines open for the school to communicate with emergency services.
- In the event of a city-wide emergency, do not drive to pick up your child until requested to do so.
- Roadways need to be clear to evacuate the school and for emergency vehicles.
For questions, email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-5127 or toll-free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5127.