The Agriculture Awareness Program promotes agriculture and the agri-foods sector across Yukon. The goal is to share the benefits of agriculture development with Yukoners.
Examples of eligible activities.
- Agricultural public awareness and promotional activities. This includes:
- advertising campaigns;
- educational seminars; and
- participation in public events.
- Recruiting and training spokespersons.
- Developing communication products. This includes:
- videos; and
- Consultant fees, 3rd-party labour and renting equipment and venues.
- Producer or processor organizations.
- Agricultural non-profits.
- Producer or processor organizations: up to 75% of the project costs to a maximum of $25,000 per project.
- Governments and agricultural non-profits: up to 100% of the project costs to a maximum of $25,000 per project.
Before you apply
While preparing your application, you can:
- review our project assessment matrix; or
- ask a program manager to review your application.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-5838 to set up an appointment.
Apply for funding
- Gather your completed documents.
- Submit your application. Applications are generally reviewed once a month. The submission deadline is the 1st Friday of the month.
In person: Room 320 in the Elijah Smith Building at 300 Main Street in Whitehorse. Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Agriculture Branch (K-320A)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
Find out the decision
Most applications are reviewed by a Project Evaluation Committee that meets once a month. The program manager may review some. We will contact you once a decision has been made. This is usually within 2 weeks of the monthly deadline. If your project is approved, we can explain the next steps at this time or you can find them in the programming guide.
Evaluate your completed project
We will release your final payment once you submit:
- the completed evaluation form;
- an itemized list of expenses; and
- copies of receipts.
If you host an event like a conference or workshop, include feedback from attendees.
We make project results, excluding financial details, available to the public.
Find more agriculture funding programs
This program is 1 of many available under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership. See all of our agriculture funds.
About the Canadian Agricultural Partnership
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership is a 5-year, $3 billion investment by federal, provincial and territorial governments to strengthen the agriculture and agri-food sector. It provides funding to help Yukon’s agriculture industry:
- increase competitiveness, productivity or profitability;
- increase environmental sustainability;
- expand domestic and international markets; and
- improve the anticipation, mitigation and response to risks.
Approved projects under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership program are funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Yukon.