The Agriculture and Value-Added Development Program helps commercial producers and processors take advantage of market opportunities by:
- developing, diversifying or expanding your operation; or
- developing products that add value to primary agriculture.
Examples of eligible activities.
- Purchase or construct infrastructure such as:
- storage facilities;
- processing kitchens;
- equipment for abattoirs and meat-processing facilities; and
- specialized equipment.
- Assistance for multi-user irrigation projects that will lead to growth in the agriculture sector.
- Develop or commercialize regional country food (wild harvest).
Other activities to expand commercial agriculture operations, such as:
- purchasing equipment;
- upgrading or leasing facilities;
- hiring 3rd-party labour; or
- hiring consultant services for professional, technical and analytical support.
New producers and agri-food processors
You can get funding if you present a business plan that shows commercial viability.
- Producer or processor organizations.
- Agricultural non-profits.
Producers, processors and retailers:
- 50% if there are in-kind contributions; and
- 60% if there are no in-kind contributions.
Producer or processor organizations: up to 75% of the project costs.
Governments and agricultural non-profits: up to 100% of the project costs.
Before you apply
While preparing your application, you can:
- review our project assessment matrix; or
- ask a program manager to review your application.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-5838 to set up an appointment.
Apply for funding
- Gather your completed documents.
- Submit your application. Applications are generally reviewed once a month. The submission deadline is the 1st Friday of the month.
In person: Room 320 in the Elijah Smith Building at 300 Main Street in Whitehorse. Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Agriculture Branch (K-320A)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
Find out the decision
Most applications are reviewed by a Project Evaluation Committee that meets once a month. The program manager may review some. We will contact you once a decision has been made. This is usually within 2 weeks of the monthly deadline. If your project is approved, we can explain the next steps at this time or you can find them in the programming guide.
Evaluate your completed project
We will release your final payment once you submit:
- the completed evaluation form;
- an itemized list of expenses; and
- copies of receipts.
If you host an event like a conference or workshop, include feedback from attendees.
We make project results, excluding financial details, available to the public.
Find more agriculture funding programs
This program is 1 of many available under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership. See all of our agriculture funds.
About the Canadian Agricultural Partnership
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership is a 5-year, $3 billion investment by federal, provincial and territorial governments to strengthen the agriculture and agri-food sector. It provides funding to help Yukon’s agriculture industry:
- increase competitiveness, productivity or profitability;
- increase environmental sustainability;
- expand domestic and international markets; and
- improve the anticipation, mitigation and response to risks.