Apply for funding to improve community recreation facilities

  1. Who can apply?
  2. How much funding can you get?
  3. Project and facility eligibility
  4. How to apply

  1. Who can apply?

    The organization has to be a local authority for recreation and be:

    • in good standing with Government of Yukon Corporate Affairs; or
    • part of a First Nations government.

    There has to be a sports facility in the community, such as a school, a community hall or something similar.

  2. How much funding can you get?

    The maximum funding per community is $20,000.  It can be used for up to 100% of project costs.


  3. Project and facility eligibility


    • Repairs and upgrades to existing recreation facilities; these can not be Government of Yukon owned buildings.
    • Small capital projects.
    • Purchase of equipment or furniture that are necessary for the operation of the facility.

    High-priority work

    Work identified as high priority will be given the highest priority.

    • Health and safety concerns
    • Structural integrity
    • Protection of property
    • End of life span


    • Skating rinks
    • Curling rinks
    • Community halls
    • Recreation centres
    • Parks


  4. How to apply

    Deadlines and project completion

    Eligible organizations can submit application at any time of the year. Projects must be completed by March 31.


    1. Complete the application form.
    2. Submit the form:
      In person: 4061 4th Avenue in Whitehorse. 
      Government of Yukon
      Sport and Recreation Branch (C-10)
      Box 2703
      Whitehorse, Yukon
      Y1A 2C6



If you have questions about applying for small capital recreation funding, email, or phone 867-667-5254, toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5254.