We present the community recreation leadership award every year to someone who's made an outstanding contribution to community recreation in the Yukon.
We present the award for contributions including but not limited to:
- promoting the development and growth of community members through recreation and active living;
- recognizing, embracing and promoting the benefits of recreation, sport and active living;
- contributing a high level of commitment to the community to develop and promote recreation and active living in that community;
- providing leadership and encouragement of community members working toward community development through recreation and active living opportunities;
- developing creative and innovative ideas in their community related to recreation and active living; and
- being a role model and mentor in their community.
Who can nominate someone?
- Local authorities for recreation
- Recreation boards or committees
- Community volunteers
- Community recreation staff
- We issue a call for nominations to all local authorities for recreation, First Nations communities and Yukon special recreation groups in September each year.
- A committee reviews the nominations and selects 1 award recipient.
- We contact the successful recipient by email and provide them with information about the award presentation.
- We present the winner with their award at the annual recreation gathering event in early October. The recipient's name is inscribed on a plaque displayed in the Sport and Recreation branch office.
- We contact nominators of unsuccessful candidates by email and encourage them to resubmit their nomination again the following year.
To get a nomination form, contact email@example.com.
Deadline for nominations
The deadline for 2021 is now closed.
For more information
Jenyfer Neumann, Community Recreation Consultant
Government of Yukon, Sport and Recreation Branch
Phone: 867-667-5924, toll free 1-800-661-0408, extension 5924