The Premiers of each of the 10 provinces and 3 territories present the Council of the Federation Literacy Award for International Literacy Day. International Literacy Day is September 8.
Submit your nomination by 4:30 p.m. on May 31, 2019.
Who can you nominate?
People who help Yukon adults get the literacy skills they need to meet their goals.
The award honours:
- First Nations programs;
- community organizations; and
A nominee must:
- be involved in adult literacy linked with other social objectives;
- be a Yukon resident who is at least 19 years of age; and
- have basic literacy and numeracy skills in English or French.
How to nominate someone
- Download and complete the Council of the Federation Literacy Award, Yukon nomination package.
- Can’t download it? We will send you a copy. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-8682, toll-free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408 ext. 8682.
- Submit the application.
Education Building (on the road to the Hospital), 1000 Lewes Boulevard in Whitehorse. We’re open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Department of Education (E-1)
Box 2703, Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
What is the selection process?
- The Department of Education will review the nominations and make a recommendation to the Deputy Minister.
- The Deputy Minister makes the final decision.
- We will contact all nominators by June 30.