The Premiers of each of the 10 provinces and 3 territories present the Council of the Federation Literacy Award for International Literacy Day. International Literacy Day is September 8.
The 2019 nomination deadline has now past.
Who can you nominate?
People who help Yukon adults get the literacy skills they need to meet their goals.
The award honours:
- First Nations programs;
- community organizations; and
A nominee must:
- be involved in adult literacy linked with other social objectives;
- be a Yukon resident who is at least 19 years of age; and
- have basic literacy and numeracy skills in English or French.
How to nominate someone
- Download and complete the Council of the Federation Literacy Award, Yukon nomination package.
- Can’t download it? We will send you a copy. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-8682, toll-free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408 ext. 8682.
- Submit the application.
Education Building (on the road to the Hospital), 1000 Lewes Boulevard in Whitehorse. We’re open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Department of Education (E-1)
Box 2703, Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
What is the selection process?
- The Department of Education will review the nominations and make a recommendation to the Deputy Minister.
- The Deputy Minister makes the final decision.
- We will contact all nominators by June 30.