These awards are for Yukon youth who:
- are involved in their Yukon communities in constructive and positive ways such as volunteering, fundraising, helping seniors and elders and being a positive role model;
- are a Yukon resident and between 15 and 20 years old by April 1 of the nomination year; and
- have bettered themselves, their community and others through their actions.
Nominate someone for an Outstanding Youth Achievement Award
- The nominee must meets the award criteria.
- Complete the nomination form.
- Submit the form.
In person: 204 Main Street, 2nd floor, Whitehorse Yukon. We are open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Deadline: Nominations will be accepted between January 1 and June 1 every year.
Recipients will receive:
- a poster featuring their photo and synopsis of their achievements; and
- a certificate of recognition from the Commissioner's Office.
Selection process and criteria
- Our staff select the recipients. We try to select 2 youth from Yukon communities and 2 from Whitehorse when possible.
- We contact award recipients once we make a decision.
These awards are sponsored by the Youth Directorate in partnership with the Office of the Commissioner.
For questions about nominating someone for an Outstanding Youth Achievement Award email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-8213 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 8213.