The Minister of Justice – Community Safety Awards is an annual award program that recognizes Yukoners who promote community safety.
Nominees can be:
- RCMP members;
- first responders;
- community groups; and
- community programs.
The selection committee chooses the category that suits the nominee’s contribution.
Lifetime contribution to community safety
Honours the extraordinary lifetime contribution and commitment to community safety and crime prevention by a practitioner or volunteer.
An RCMP member or team that has gone above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that their community is a safer place to live.
Mentor for Yukon youth
A person who has demonstrated mentorship and commitment to youth in Yukon.
Exceptional project or program
A project, program or initiative that has made significant contributions to enhancing community safety.
Honours a volunteer who has made significant contributions in helping to improve safety and wellness in their community.
Recognizes a youth who has demonstrated leadership and commitment to community safety and/or wellness.
Honours the community safety contributions of an individual or group in their capacity as first responder(s).
Services to victims
Recognizes the work done by a practitioner, RCMP member, individual, or group in providing services and supports to victims.
11:59 p.m. on March 22, 2020. Late nominations will not be considered.
Prepare the nomination
- Make sure you have the nominee’s:
- name of the organization (if applicable);
- phone number; and
- email address.
- Describe why the nominee or program’s contribution to community safety should be recognized.
- Do not assume that the panel will know anything about the nominee.
- Include any of the nominee’s attributes or accomplishments you think the selection committee should know about.
How to submit the nomination
- Read the Community Safety Award guidelines.
- Download the nomination form, or pick up a form in person, phone: 867-456-6758.
- Complete the nomination form.
- Submit the completed form.
Government of Yukon
Community Safety Awards, Public Safety & Investigations (J-10)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6