The Crime Prevention and Victim Services Trust funds community projects. These projects support victims or prevent crime.
Who can apply?
- municipal governments;
- non-profit organizations;
- First Nation governments; and
- school councils or boards.
Is my project eligible?
Projects need to do at least 1 of the following:
- reduce crime;
- prevent gender-based violence or violence against women and children;
- address the root causes of crime;
- provide information about crime prevention, preventing victimization and services offered for victims; or
- provide programs and services for victims.
Eligible project costs
- Actual administrative costs
- Program supplies and materials
- Equipment purchase of up to $500
- Equipment rental of up to 10% of the request and up to a total of $1,500
- Travel within Yukon
- Wages, honoraria and professional fees up to $300 per day, per individual
- Rental or lease of space
- Advertising and promotion of the project
- Production of pamphlets, posters, manuals or other educational materials
The following applications are not eligible:
- Organizations with overdue reporting or that owe money to the Government of Yukon
- Capital equipment purchases
- Travel outside of Yukon
- Projects that duplicate existing government programs
- Projects that have already taken place
- Profit-making projects
- Fundraising events
The fund coordinator can help you figure out if your project and its costs are eligible. Find contact information at the bottom of the page.
How do I apply?
Before you apply:
- Check with the fund coordinator to confirm if your organization is up-to-date and eligible. See contact information below.
- Review the guidelines and application.
- To save this fillable PDF, right click and choose "Save link as...," "Download linked file as...," or "Save target as...." You then need to open the saved file with Adobe Reader, which is a free software program.
If you have trouble with the application, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-8944 or toll-free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408 ext. 8944.
Fill out the application form:
- Type or write clearly.
- Ensure that your revenues match your expenses.
- When complete, have the application signed by an authorized signatory.
Attach the following:
- Proof of any confirmed revenues from other sources
- Letters of support
- Letters from project partners confirming their involvement
Submit your application:
In person: 301 Jarvis Street (2nd floor) in Whitehorse. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Crime Prevention and Victim Services Trust Fund (J-7)
Whitehorse, YT Y1A 2C6
When is the application deadline?
- Application deadlines are February 15 and August 15 each year.
- Applications must arrive by 11:59 p.m.
What happens after I apply?
The fund coordinator will review your application. They may contact you with questions. Please respond promptly. This way the board will have complete information.
The Crime Prevention and Victim Services Trust board will review your application.
You will receive a response within 6 weeks of the deadline.
What projects got funded last year?
Find details of previous projects in the Crime prevention and Victim Services Trust annual report.
For questions, email email@example.com, or phone 867-667-8944 or toll-free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408 ext. 8944.