You can renew your driver's licence
- up to 6 months before the expiry date of your current Yukon driver's licence;
- within 2 years of the expiry date of your last Yukon driver's licence's expiration date. If your licence has been expired for more than 2 years you have to retake your written and road tests.
Renew your driver's licence
- Go to your nearest Motor Vehicles office.
- Bring your old Yukon driver's licence and 1 document that proves your Yukon residency. If you wear corrective lenses, bring them with you as a vision test will be administered.
- The client service agent will process your renewal.
- Pay the $50 renewal fee by cash, credit card or debit.
- Your licence will be renewed for 5 years. We will issue you a temporary licence that will be valid for 90 days.
- Your physical driving licence card will arrive in the mail within 7 to 10 business days.
For questions about renewing your driver’s licence email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-667-5315 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5315.