- Find out if you're eligible
- Take the pre-inspection and road test
Find out if you're eligible
- You must have a valid class-1, -2, -3, -4 and -5 driver's licence.
- You aren't in the Graduated Driver Licensing program (GDL).
- If you plan to tow a trailer with a gross vehicle weight (GVW) of over 4550 kilograms (10,000 pounds), even if the trailer is your own private trailer. Your truck and trailer can't have air brakes.
Take the pre-inspection and road test
- Read the section on towing in the owner's manual of your vehicle.
- Read your trailer and trailer brake manual.
- Read chapter 10 of the Yukon Commercial Vehicle handbook to learn about pre-trip inspections.
- Contact your nearest Motor Vehicles office to set up an appointment to take your pre-trip inspection and road tests.
- Ensure your trailer is in good working condition. More information about appropriate vehicle configurations is available in the Yukon Commercial Vehicle handbook.
- We will let you know immediately if you pass or fail.
- If you fail a test, we will let you know what your options are.
There is a $20 fee for the test.
For questions about licensing, email email@example.com, or phone 867-667-5315 or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408 ext. 5315.