What is the Yukon Family Mediation Service?
We help parents who are separating or divorcing resolve conflict in the best interest of their children.
Are you eligible?
- You can request this service.
- The court or other service providers may refer you.
- Both parents must agree to take part.
Is mediation right for you?
Mediation helps resolve conflict and disagreements between parents that affect their children, without going to court.
Our impartial, trained mediator can help you and the other parent make joint decisions about:
- parenting arrangements and responsibilities;
- financial matters like child and spousal support;
- dividing property; and
- other important matters.
How does it work
- Mediation is voluntary, free and confidential.
- The mediator will write up your parenting arrangements.
You can meet with the mediator:
- in person;
- by phone; or
- by video conference.
What other services do we offer?
We also provide coaching services. We help individuals, couples or family members with:
- short-term problem-solving assistance;
- support; and
- understanding and getting information.
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 867-667-5753. Phone toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408 extension 5753.
You can visit our office in person. Our office is located on the 1st floor at 301 Jarvis Street in Whitehorse. We are open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.