Yukon Family Mediation Service helps parents who are separating or divorcing resolve conflict. Help provided is in the best interest of their children.
Is mediation right for you?
Mediation aims to resolve conflict and disagreements:
- that affect your children; and
- without going to court.
Our impartial mediator can help you and the other parent make joint decisions about:
- parenting arrangements and responsibilities;
- financial matters like child and spousal support; and
- other important matters.
How does it work?
- Mediation is voluntary, free and confidential.
- You can request this service.
- The court or other service providers may refer you.
- Both parents must agree to take part.
- You can meet with the mediator:
- in person;
- by phone; or
- by video conference.
- The mediator will write up your parenting arrangements.
What other services are available?
We also provide coaching services. We help individuals, couples or family members with:
- short-term problem-solving assistance;
- support; and
For more information about family mediation, contact the Yukon Family Mediation Service. In person: 301 Jarvis Street in Whitehorse. The office is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Phone: 867-667-5753, or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408 ext. 5753