Get mediation when going through divorce or separation

Yukon Family Mediation Service helps parents who are separating or divorcing resolve conflict. Help provided is in the best interest of their children.

Are you eligible?

  • You can request this service.
  • The court or other service providers may refer you.
  • Both parents must agree to take part.

Is mediation right for you?

Mediation aims to resolve conflict and disagreements:

  • that affect your children; and
  • without going to court.

Our impartial and trained mediator can help you and the other parent make joint decisions about:

  • parenting arrangements and responsibilities;
  • financial matters like child and spousal support;
  • dividing property; and
  • other important matters.

How does it work?

  • Mediation is voluntary, free and confidential.
  • The mediator will write up your parenting arrangements.

You can meet with the mediator:

  • in person;
  • by phone; or
  • by video conference.

What other services do we offer?

We also provide coaching services. We help individuals, couples or family members with:

  • short-term problem-solving assistance;
  • support; and
  • understanding and getting information.

If you have questions, email, or phone 867-667-5753. Phone toll free in the Yukon at 1-800-661-0408 extension 5753.

You can visit our office in person. Our office is located on the 1st floor at 301 Jarvis Street in Whitehorse. We are open Monday through Friday from 9 am to 4 pm