The Yukon Historic Resources Fund (YHRF) supports projects that promote the study and interpretation of Yukon's historic resources. Projects should promote appreciation, preservation and development of Yukon's heritage.
You can apply as an individual or a group. Groups may include societies, businesses, cultural centres, municipalities and First Nations governments. We will give priority to Yukon applicants.
Projects should relate to areas including:
- community museums
- First Nations heritage or cultural centres
- native language preservation
- historical research
The fund does not support:
- core programs
- operations and maintenance requirements for long-term projects or programs
- curriculum-based projects
- personal and professional development or education
The fund may help with a component of a long-term project if it will produce an end product.
If your application is successful, we match up to 50% of project costs, to a maximum of $10,000. The total project value may exceed $20,000, but we won't consider applications requesting more than $10,000 from the fund.
The number of successful applicants affects the amount of funding available for each project.
Apply to the fund
Contact us before you apply. Email firstname.lastname@example.org , or phone: 867-667-5386 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408 ext. 5386. We will let you know if your project is a good fit for this program.
- Download the guidelines and application form.
- Submit your completed application and supporting documents. Make sure your application is typed and you've signed it. We don't accept hand-written applications.
Government of Yukon
Historic Sites Unit (L-2)
Whitehorse, YT Y1A 2C6
The deadline to apply is 5 pm on March 15.
If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, it moves to the next business day.