Call for Housing Initiatives Fund: January 17 to February 28, 2019.
What is the Housing Initiatives Fund?
The Housing Initiatives Fund provides capital grants for new affordable housing across Yukon. It can be used for new rental housing, or new rent-to-own housing, or new home ownership options. Eligible projects must include a minimum of four affordable units in Whitehorse or two affordable units in communities.
Innovative housing projects that include mixed market housing or co-housing are also encouraged. Projects may include a commercial component; however, any commercial portion of a project is not eligible for funding.
The Housing Initiatives Fund can be combined with other government programs.
- Community housing providers including public or private non-profit housing organizations or rental co-operatives;
- First Nation governments and development corporations;
- Municipalities; and,
- Private sector companies and individuals.
Each successful project will be eligible for up to $50,000 a unit, and up to a maximum of $500,000 overall.
Application submission deadline
February 28, 2019
We will confirm the next application period in January 2020.
Submit your funding application
- Complete the submission form and provide all information on the checklist.
- Submit your form and supporting documents to the Yukon Housing Corporation
- In person: Yukon Housing Corporation office in your community. In Whitehorse at 410 Jarvis Street. Our office hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Email: email@example.com (call 867-667-5759 to ensure your application has been recieved)
Government of Yukon
Yukon Housing Corporation (Y-1)
For questions about the Housing Initiatives Fund email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-667-5759 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5759.
How will my housing development submission be evaluated?
We will evaluate your submission using our Housing Initiatives Fund Evaluation Criteria.