The Housing Initiatives Fund call for projects is now closed.
What is the Housing Initiatives Fund?
The Housing Initiatives Fund provides capital grants for new affordable housing across Yukon. It can be used for new rental housing or new home ownership options.
There are three (3) streams this year:
- Shovel Ready (Whitehorse);
- Shovel Ready (Rural); and
- Project Concepts.
Eligible projects must include a minimum of four affordable units in Whitehorse and one unit in communities.
This year, additional consideration will be given to projects that aim to meet the needs of seniors, tenants earning less than Yukon Housing Corporation’s household income limits, homeless or youth (aged 18-25) and First Nations projects. Projects may include a commercial component; however, any commercial portion of a project is not eligible for funding.
The Housing Initiatives Fund can be combined with other government programs.
- Community housing providers including public or private non-profit housing organizations or rental co-operatives;
- First Nation governments and development corporations;
- Municipalities; and,
- Private sector companies and individuals.
Application submission deadline
- Projects in Whitehorse are eligible for up to $100,000/unit up to a maximum of $1,000,000.
- Rural projects are eligible for up to $100,000/unit up to a maximum of $1,000,000.
- Projects concepts are eligible for up to $20,000.
- Individuals, who are building rentals as part of their own private residence, may be eligible for a grant limited to up to 50% of total rental project costs.
- See evaluation criteria for individual stream details.
Submit your funding application
- Complete the application form.
- Submit your form to the Yukon Housing Corporation.
- In person: Yukon Housing Corporation office in your community. In Whitehorse at 410 Jarvis Street. Our office hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Email: email@example.com
Government of Yukon
Yukon Housing Corporation (Y-1)
How will my housing development submission be evaluated?
Shovel Ready (Whitehorse) - Housing Initiatives Fund Evaluation Criteria
Shovel Ready (Rural) - Housing Initiatives Fund Evaluation Criteria
Project Concepts - Housing Initiatives Fund Evaluation Criteria
For questions about applying for a loan to build affordable housing email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-667-5759 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5759.