The Owner Build Program allows qualified Yukoners to borrow funds to build a home up to the average real estate price. It is available Yukon-wide on fee simple land.
- You are a first-time homeowner building a new home to be used as your primary residence.
- Proof that you are unable to get a loan from a bank.
- You will need a 2.5% down payment.
- The home you'd like to build must meet our modest design guidelines.
Apply for an Owner Build Loan
- Complete the Owner Build Loan application.
- Complete the Verification of Employment form.
- Submit your forms and supporting documents.
In person: 410 Jarvis Street, Whitehorse, Yukon. Our hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Note: You have between 1 to 2 years to complete construction, depending on whether you hire a company to build or undertake the project on your own.
Loan financing details
For questions about applying for a loan to build your first home email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-667-5759 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5759.