The Rural Home Ownership Loan Program is for people who are living outside Whitehorse city limits to help them buy or build a home.
- You're building or buying a home for your primary residence in the Yukon but outside Whitehorse city limits.
- You fall within our debt-to-loan ratios.
- You've been declined for your buy or build by a bank.
- You'll need a 2.5 per cent down payment and closing costs of $3,500.
- You can build or buy a new home on First Nations land, depending upon your arrangements with Yukon First Nations.
When to apply
1st intake – for home buyers only
The 1st intake is available only to people wishing to buy a home. Our next intake will be open to supporting new builds.
Applications open from: January 9, 2023
Deadline for applications: February 28, 2023, at 4:30 pm
Apply for a Rural Home Ownership Loan Program
- Check the deadline for submitting your application.
- Complete the rural home ownership loan application form.
- Complete the verification of employment form.
- Submit completed and signed application and any required supporting documentation:
In person: 410 Jarvis Street, Whitehorse, Yukon. Our hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
You have up to 2 years to complete construction.
- Amortization period of up to 30 years in 5-year terms.
- Interest-only payments during the construction period.
- Interest rate is 1 per cent below the average posted 5-year mortgage rate at the major banks.
Get a rebate on energy efficient upgrades to your home
We offer Good Energy rebates on renovations and upgrades that make your home more energy efficient. You can combine rebates with the Yukon Housing Corporation’s Rural Home Ownership Loan Program.
For questions about applying for a loan to build your first home email email@example.com or phone 867-667-5759 or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5759.