- About the Watson Lake Housing Advisory Board
- Apply to be a member of the Watson Lake Housing Advisory Board
- Current members
About the Watson Lake Housing Advisory Board
The Advisory Board manages, operates and administers Rental/Purchase and public housing and any other project in Watson Lake assigned to it from time to time by the Commissioner in Executive Council. Subject to ratification by the Commissioner, the Advisory Board may from time to time enter into agreements relating to the management, operation and administration of any additional housing projects constructed in the Watson Lake Local Improvement District pursuant to the National Housing Act.
- Authority: Housing Corporation Act, section 45
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: Order-In-Council
- Requirements: no legislated criteria required to join
- Term: 3 years
- Meetings: as required
- Department: Yukon Housing Corporation
- Honoraria: $75 per day
Apply to be a member of the Watson Lake Housing Advisory Board
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- no current members
For questions about the Watson Lake Housing Advisory Board phone 867-536-7304, or fax 867-536-7356, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 7304.