- About the Whitehorse Housing Advisory Board
- Apply to be a member of the Whitehorse Housing Advisory Board
- Current members
About the Whitehorse Housing Advisory Board
The Whitehorse Housing Advisory Board advocates on behalf of tenants of the Yukon Housing Corporation who reside in Whitehorse and provides social housing program advice to the Yukon Housing Corporation.
Authority: Housing Corporation Act, section 45
Appointment process: ministerial
Requirements: no legislated criteria required to join
Term: 3 years
Meetings: 3 to 12 times per year
Department: Yukon Housing Corporation
Honoraria: $75 per day
Apply to be a member of the Whitehorse Housing Advisory Board
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Christian Klein, member from May 1, 2018, to April 20, 2021
- Christine Wnek, member from August 28, 2019 to August 27, 2022
- Janet LeBlanc, member from May 29, 2018, to May 28, 2021
- Margaret Webb, member from February 6, 2020 to February 5, 2023
- Michael Brauer, member from December 19, 2018, to December 18, 2021
For questions about the Whitehorse Housing Advisory Board phone 867-667-3892, or fax 867-393-6386, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 3892.