The Geoffrey Bradshaw Memorial Scholarship Fund supports students in the study of Yukon's geology.
To be eligible, you must:
- be enrolled in a graduate degree geology program at a Canadian university; and
- have a thesis that includes a Yukon field component.
You can receive the scholarship more than once. But we give priority to applicants who have not had the scholarship before.
The deadline for applications is June 15, 2021.
Apply for the scholarship
- Fill out the application form. Include a description of your project. If you have questions, you can contact the manager of Surficial Geology
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 867-667-8514
- Gather supporting documents:
- transcript of grades; and
- letter of reference.
- Submit your application to the Yukon Foundation via Jeff Bond.
Yukon Foundation via Jeff Bond
P.O. Box 2703 (K-102)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
- The Yukon Foundation will contact you via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by mid-July if you are the successful candidate.
About Geoff Bradshaw
Geoff Bradshaw joined the Yukon Geological Survey in 2003 as a mineral assessment geologist. Geoff was tragically killed in a helicopter accident on July 22, 2006.
Before joining the Yukon Geological Survey, Geoff worked for mineral exploration companies. He explored massive sulphide deposits in the Finlayson Lake district. With the Yukon Geological Survey, he assessed the mineral potential of the North Yukon and Peel land-use planning regions.
Geoff was an inspiration to those who knew him and is sadly missed. A memorial cairn was built in remembrance of Geoff. It's located south of Whitehorse. This map gives directions on how to find the cairn.
Donate to the scholarship
You can donate by cheque to the scholarship at the Yukon Foundation. On your cheques write "Geoffrey Bradshaw Memorial Scholarship Fund."
P.O. Box 31622
Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 6L2