The H.S. Bostock Core Library is a repository for:
- drill core; and
- rock samples.
These come from:
- Yukon mineral properties; and
- Yukon Geological Survey mapping programs.
View or cut core
Our core collection contains more than 27,000 boxes of drill core from approximately 275 properties. Core viewing and rock sawing facilities are available Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Find out what core is available. View the publicly available drill core and related data in our web mapping application.
- Book the core library. Phone 867-667-8508 or email email@example.com.
- You will need to complete a training session and sign a liability waiver before using our facilities.
Equipment available for client use
Physical rock property lab
- Magnetic susceptibility: KT-10 v2.
- Electrical resistivity: sample core IP tester.
- Specific gravity: density calculator.
- Exploranium gamma spectrometer: GR-130 mini spec.
Diamond blade rock saws
- 2 water-cooled lapidary saws (14-inch blade): suitable for cutting drill core and hand samples.
- Oil-cooled lapidary saw (14-inch blade): suitable for cutting small hand samples.
- Oil-cooled lapidary saw (36-inch blade): suitable for cutting large hand samples. This saw is currently unavailable for use.
- Binocular microscope: suitable for small hand samples.
- Research petrographic microscope: transmitted and reflected light capabilities; digital photography capabilities.
- Vibrating grinding and polishing tray.
- Test sieve shaker.
- UV lamps.
- Manual core splitter.