- Yukon Geological Survey news
- Recent publications
We provide objective geological information to:
- Government of Yukon;
- Yukon First Nations; and
- the public.
Our information adds to Yukon’s geoscience knowledge base. The information supports geoscience-related policy and investment decisions in the territory.
Yukon Geological Survey news
Visiting the core library
The core library facilities are open again for use by clients. Access is controlled. Contact the core library to book the facilities.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 867-393-6492
We ask that visitors wear a mask in the core library.
Visiting Yukon Geological Survey at the Elijah Smith Building
The Yukon Geological Survey office in downtown Whitehorse is open to the public.
Make an appointment before your visit.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 867-667-8508
We ask that visitors wear a mask in the building.
Yukon Placer Mining Industry 2018 to 2020. S. van Loon and J.D. Bond
Yukon Exploration and Geology
Yukon Exploration and Geology Overview 2021. K.E. MacFarlane (ed.), 2022. Yukon Geological Survey, 74 p.
Yukon Exploration and Geology papers 2021
- Updates to the Yukon Geological Survey’s mineral potential mapping methodology by W. Bullen
- Update on the bedrock geology of the Rusty Mountain and Bonnet Plume Pass (west half) areas by T. Ambrose
- Yukon Permafrost Database: A new baseline data resource by P.S. Lipovsky, J.K. Humphries, E.T. Stewart-Jones and D.C. Cronmiller
- Placer gold settings within an alpine glaciated environment, Granite Creek, Yukon (NTS 105M/14) by J.L. Steinke, J.D. Bond and B.C. Ward
- Preliminary results and structural interpretations from drone lidar surveys over the Eastern Denali fault, Yukon by T. Finley, G. Salomon, R. Stephen, E. Nissen, J. Cassidy and B. Menounos
- Surficial geochemical setting of the southern Carmacks-Minto copper belt by K. Kennedy, P.J. Sack and H. Clarke
- Geology of the Carpenter Creek and McKay Hill areas (NTS 106D/6, 11), central Yukon by R. Cobbett
- The Yukon Digital Bedrock Geology compilation by M. Colpron
- Updated bedrock geology of the southern Nash Creek area in central Yukon (parts of NTS 106D/2, 3, 6 and 7) by D. Skipton
- Geology and U-Pb zircon geochronology and Pb isotope geochemistry of mid-Cretaceous plutonic rocks in the Mount Nansen map area (NTS 115I/3 and part of 115I/2) by P.J. Sack, J.L. Crowley, V. Bennett and J. Gabites
- Preliminary observations on the geology of the southern Big Salmon Range, south-central Yukon (parts of NTS 105C/13, 14, 105F/4 and 105E/1) by D. Moynihan and J.L. Crowley
- Colpron, M. (compiler), 2022. Yukon Bedrock Geology Map. Yukon Geological Survey, Open File 2022-1, 1:1 000 000 scale map and legend.
- Sack, P.J., Colpron, M. and Crowley, J.L., 2022. U-Pb zircon geochronology from a Late Triassic pluton in the Mount Nansen area. Yukon Geological Survey, Open File 2022-2.
- Moynihan, D., 2022. Preliminary geological map of the Boswell River area (parts of NTS 105C/13,14, 105F/4 and 105E/1). Yukon Geological Survey, Open File 2022-3, scale 1:50000.
- Ambrose, T., 2022. Preliminary bedrock geology map of the Rusty Mountain and Bonnet Plume Pass areas, southern Wernecke Mountains, Yukon (NTS 106C/3, 4, 5, 6, 11, 12 and 106D/1, 8). Yukon Geological Survey, Open File 2022-5, scale 1:50 000.
- Skipton, D.R., 2022. Preliminary geological map of the southern Nash Creek area, central Yukon (parts of NTS 106D/2, 3, 6, 7). Yukon Geological Survey, Open File 2022-6, scale 1:50000.
- Lipovsky, P.S. and Bond, J.D., 2022. Surficial geology and Quaternary history of Stevenson Ridge and northern parts of Kluane Lake map areas, Yukon (115K and 115F). Yukon Geological Survey, Bulletin 18, 84 p. plus appendices.
- Lewis, L.L. and Relf, C., 2021. Yukon critical minerals inventory 2021. Yukon Geological Survey, Miscellaneous Report 23, 84 p.
- Bullen, W., 2021. Data-driven, early-exploration predictive indicators for porphyry-style mineralization in Yukon using deconstructed *weights of evidence modelling. Yukon Geological Survey, Miscellaneous Report 24.
- Bullen, W., 2021. Mineral potential/*confidence in geological mapping for the Dawson Region Land Use Planning area. Yukon Geological Survey, Miscellaneous Report 25.