New home construction
Get $10,000 when you construct an energy-efficent new home that performs 60% better than the 2015 National Building Code.
Get $5,000 when your newly constructed energy-efficient new home performs 50% better than code.
Commercial energy rebates
Get a 25% to 75% rebate on energy-efficiency upgrades.
- First Nations government-owned; and
- municipal buildings.
Upgrades that reduce energy use and carbon emissions include:
- smart thermostats;
- boilers and furnances;
- heat pumps;
- biomass heating systems;
- air conditioning;
- heat-recovery ventilators (HRV);
- air sealing and insulation;
- LED lighting upgrades;
- solar photovoltaic (PV) and renewable energy systems; and
- other qualifying upgrades.
Get up to $8,000 for installing a heat pump in an existing home.
You can also get from $300 to $800 for installing a wood-based renewable heating system.
Check out other qualifying high-efficiency heating systems that use propane or oil.
ENERGY STAR® appliances
Drain-water heat recovery
This program is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Low Carbon Economy Fund.
Canada Greener Homes Grant
Get additional funding from the Government of Canada. Your retrofits may qualify under the Canada Greener Home Grant. To qualify, you must:
- register with the federal government; and
- get an energy assessment before you start your retrofits.