Drain-water heat-recovery system must be listed with Natural Resources Canada to qualify for a rebate.
$150 per system.
Apply for your rebates
This is a newly launched service from the Government of Yukon. You’re welcome to try it out and if you encounter an occasional broken link or error message – let us know through the contact information listed on this platform. Your feedback will help us improve the service.
To apply online, you’ll need to create an account and add details about your home.
Other ways to apply
- Complete and sign the application form.
- Attach the required documents:
- itemized receipts with no balance owing; or
- itemized invoices noted “paid in full”, initialled by supplier; and
- Natural Resources Canada-listed documentation.
- Submit your application to the Energy Branch.
In person: Energy Solutions Centre at 206A Lowe Street, Whitehorse. Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Energy Branch (EMR-206)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
- You'll receive a rebate within 12 weeks.
Benefits of a drain-water heat-recovery system
Drain-water heat-recovery systems use:
- the heat from drain water;
- to preheat water going into your hot water tank.
Read more about drain-water heat-recovery systems.
This program is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Low Carbon Economy Fund.
Get a loan to upgrade or repair your home
Yukon Housing Corporation offers a loan for homeowners who upgrade or repair their home. The home repair loan is up to $70,000 and amortized up to 15 years in 5-year terms.