Drain-water heat-recovery systems use:
- the heat from drain water; to
- preheat water going into your hot water tank.
Drain water heat recovery system must be listed with Natural Resources Canada to qualify for a rebate.
$150 per system.
Apply for appliance rebates
- Gather required documentation:
- itemized receipts with zero-balance owing; or
- itemized invoices noted “paid in full”, initialled by supplier; and
- NRCan-listed documentation.
- Complete and sign the application form.
- Submit rebate package to the Energy Branch.
In person: Energy Solutions Centre at 206A Lowe Street, Whitehorse. Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Energy Branch (EMR-206)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
- You will receive a rebate within 12 weeks.
Read more about Drain-water heat-recovery systems.
This program is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Low Carbon Economy Fund.