This rebate is for the installation of qualifying new windows in an existing residence. A residence that is 5 years or older is considered an existing residence.
The new windows must be ENERGY STAR®-certified.
Replace existing windows with ENERGY STAR® windows and get:
- a $120 rebate per window;
- to a maximum rebate of $1,800 per home.
If you’ve applied for the Better Buildings program, the rebate may apply to the program funding.
We’ve recently increased the value of the windows rebate. If you received a rebate for a windows upgrade completed on or after October 14, 2021, contact the Energy Branch to receive the additional amount. Phone 867-393-7063 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for the rebate
To apply online, you’ll need to:
- create an account on the Good Energy rebates website; and
- add details about your home.
Other ways to apply
- Complete and sign the application form.
- Attach the required documents:
- itemized receipts with no balance owing;
- itemized invoices noted “paid in full” initialled by supplier; and
- ENERGY STAR documents.
- Submit your application to the Energy Branch.
In person: Climate Change and Energy Solutions Centre at 206A Lowe Street, Whitehorse. Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Government of Yukon
Energy Branch (EMR-206)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
- You'll receive a rebate within 12 weeks.
This Good Energy rebate is funded in part by the Government of Canada's Low Carbon Economy Fund.
Benefits of upgrading windows
Replacing single or double-pane windows with high-performance windows can:
- save you money on heating bills;
- reduce drafts; and
- help with condensation issues.
Find out more information about windows in Window design for Canada’s North.
Get low-cost funding for qualifying energy upgrades
The Better Buildings program offers low-cost funding to homeowners who complete qualifying energy upgrades to residential buildings.
The funding amount is based on 25 per cent of the property’s assessed value, up to a maximum of $50,000. Homeowners pay back the funding through a local improvement tax.
Get a loan to upgrade or repair your home
Yukon Housing Corporation offers a loan for homeowners who upgrade or repair their home. The home repair loan is up to $70,000 and amortized up to 15 years in 5-year terms.
Canada Greener Homes Grant
Get additional funding from the Government of Canada. Your new windows may qualify under the Canada Greener Home Grant. To qualify, you must:
- register with the federal government; and
- get an energy assessment before you install the new windows.
When you qualify for the Canada Greener Homes Grant, you may be eligible for a Canada Greener Homes Loan.
If you have questions, email email@example.com or phone 867-393-7063, toll-free in the Yukon, 1-800-661-0408 and ask to be transferred.