We offer a rebate for solar domestic hot-water heating systems.
- Must be a CSA F379-rated solar domestic hot-water system.
- Must be used with CSA-approved solar-heat storage.
You can contact us if you are considering a solar hot-water heating system for your institutional or commercial building or to discuss your project in more detail. Email email@example.com or phone 867-393-7063.
- 20% of eligible material costs up to $1,200.
Apply for your rebate
This is a newly launched service from the Government of Yukon. You’re welcome to try it out and if you encounter an occasional broken link or error message – let us know through the contact information listed on this platform. Your feedback will help us improve the service.
To apply online, you’ll need to create an account and add details about your home.
Other ways to apply
- Complete and sign the application form.
- Attach the required docments:
- itemized receipts with no balance owing;
- itemized invoices noted "paid in full" initialled by supplier; and
- a copy of the approved inspection report completed by the Government of Yukon or the City of Whitehorse.
- Submit your application to the Energy Branch.
In person: Energy Solutions Centre at 206A Lowe Street, Whitehorse. Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Energy Branch (EMR206)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
- You'll receive a rebate within 12 weeks.
Solar photovoltaic systems
We also offer a rebate to install a solar photovoltaic system for your home.
Get a loan to upgrade or repair your home
Yukon Housing Corporation offers a loan for homeowners who upgrade or repair their home. The home repair loan is up to $70,000 and amortized up to 15 years in 5-year terms.