Apply for a rebate for a solar hot-water heating system

We offer a rebate for solar domestic hot-water heating systems.

Eligible systems

  • Must be a CSA F379-rated solar domestic hot-water system.
  • Must be used with CSA-approved solar-heat storage.

You can contact us if you are considering a solar hot-water heating system for your institutional or commercial building or to discuss your project in more detail. Email [email protected] or phone 867-393-7063.

Rebate amount

20 per cent of eligible material costs up to $1,200.

Apply for your rebate

Apply online

To apply online, you’ll need to:

  • create an account on the Good Energy rebates website; and
  • add details about your home.

Your receipts and invoices must be dated within 1 year of submitting your rebate application.

Apply for your rebate

Other ways to apply

  1. Complete and sign the application form.
  2. Attach the required documents. Your receipts and invoices must be dated within 1 year of submitting your rebate application:
    • itemized receipts with no balance owing. ;
    • itemized invoices noted "paid in full" initialled by supplier; and
    • a copy of the approved inspection report completed by the Government of Yukon or the City of Whitehorse.
  3. Submit your application to the Energy Branch.
    In person: Climate Change and Energy Solutions Centre, 2nd floor, 4114 4th Avenue, RBC Building, Whitehorse. Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
    Government of Yukon
    Energy Branch (EMR206)
    Box 2703
    Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
  4. You'll receive a rebate within 12 weeks.

Solar photovoltaic systems

We also offer a rebate to install a solar photovoltaic system for your home.

Get a loan to upgrade or repair your home

Yukon Housing Corporation offers a loan for homeowners who upgrade or repair their home. The home repair loan is up to $70,000 and amortized up to 15 years in 5-year terms.


If you have questions, email [email protected] or phone 867-393-7063, toll-free in the Yukon, 1-800-661-0408 and ask to be transferred.