You need to get a health and safety inspection if you want to open a personal service establishment in Yukon. This includes;
- tattoo parlour;
- massage therapy clinic;
- hair salon;
- barber shop; and
- aesthetic studio.
How to apply
- Complete an application for health approval.
- Submit the completed form.
In person: #2 Hospital Road in Whitehorse. Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Mail:Government of Yukon
Environmental Health Services (H-2)
Yukon Y1A 2C6
- Once we receive your application, we will book a pre-opening inspection.
- During our inspection we will identify any health and safety issues.
- You must correct these issues before receiving approval to operate.
- Once you receive approval to operate, you may operate your personal service establishment.