We need to see original documentation that confirms your:
- full legal name;
- date of birth;
- legal presence in Canada; and
- photo and signature.
The following documents can be used in combination to meet our requirements to confirm your identity.
|Document||Full legal name||Date of birth||Legal presence in Canada||Photo||Signature|
|Valid Canadian passport with your full legal name||x||x||x||x||x|
|Canadian driver’s licence or identification card||x||x|
|Enhanced Canadian driver’s licence or identification||x||x||x||x||x|
|Canadian-issued birth certificate||x||x||x|
|Secure certificate of Indian Status||x||x||x||x||x|
|Permanent Resident Card||x||x||x||x||x|
|Valid foreign passport with appropriate immigration documents||x||x||x||x||x|
|Change of name certificate or marriage certificate||x|
We accept any 2 of the following current documents to prove your Yukon residency for a new licence or any 1 of the following current documents for renewing a licence.
- Utility bill. For instance, ATCO Electric or NorthwesTel.
- Municipal utility bill or property taxes.
- Bank statement or a stamped banking profile from a local bank.
- Credit card statement.
- Mortgage documentation.
- Income tax Notice of Assessment for the most recent year.
- Signed residential tenancy agreement.
- Social assistance benefit confirmation.
- Employment confirmation signed and on company letterhead.
The following documents can't be used as proof of residency.
- Cell phone bills
- Yukon health care cards
For questions about deciding which documents are accepted email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-667-5315 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, extension 5315.