Register for the Hunter Education and Ethics Development (HEED) course
- Complete the online part of the course.
- Complete at least 8 hours of online course material to get your online completion number. This number will be used to register for the classroom session.
- Contact your local Conservation Officer Services office to register for a classroom session. Make sure you have your online completion number handy.
Yukon hunters born after April 1, 1987 must complete this course to get a hunting licence. This free course will help you improve your hunting skills.
Whitehorse - next class
Date: Saturday, April 28
Time: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Location: Yukon College, Room A2601
Whitehorse - upcoming class dates
- Tuesday, May 15, 6 to 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 2, 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a classroom session in your community.
What you'll learn
- How to be a responsible hunter.
- Hunting laws and regulations.
- Wildlife management.
- How to prepare for the outdoors.
- How to identify wildlife.
- Field techniques.
- Firearm safety.
Additional training you may need
Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC)
Canadian residents 18 and over must pass this course to own or buy firearms and ammunition. You can take the CFSC course through the Whitehorse Rifle and Pistol Club. Private contractors teach the course in communities.
For questions about registering for the Hunter Education and Ethics Development course email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-5617 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5617.