The Yukon has 20 outfitting concessions (OCs), or "outfitting areas". 1 big-game outfitter holds exclusive rights to guide non-residents in each OC. The outfitter ‒ the concession holder ‒ provides this service for a fee.
If a non-resident wants to hunt in the Yukon, they must be accompanied by a Yukon resident:
- who is a private citizen doing this for free under a special guide licence; or
- a commercial outfitter who does this as a business.
Each concession holder is:
- registered with the government as a commercial hunting outfitter ; and
- licensed to guide in 1 concession.
Most concessions are made up of groups of Game Management Areas (GMAs). Some Yukon areas are not covered by concessions, such as national parks.
These data are available at nominal scales of 1:250,000 and 1:1,000,000.
- View PDF maps of registered trapping concessions generated from these data.
- Preview and download via ArcGIS Hub with the option of alternate output formats.
- Directly download in shape, file geodatabase and KML formats from the ftp site.
For questions about outfitting concessions map data, email firstname.lastname@example.org.