Report harvest results

Mandatory reporting

You must report your big game harvest (deer, elk, moose, caribou, wood bison, sheep, goat, grizzly bear, black bear, coyote, wolf and wolverine). This includes animals harvested under a Permit Hunt Authorization (PHA) or other permit. Reporting your harvest only takes a few minutes.

Biological submissions

Some species require a biological submission along with your report. Check the Yukon hunting regulations summary to find out if you need to make a biological submission for your harvest and which wildlife parts to submit.

How and when to make a biological submission

Deliver your biological submission to a conservation officer or wildlife technician:

  • For elk: No later than 72 hours after you harvested the animal.
  • For wood bison, sheep, goat, deer, black bear, grizzly bear, wolf and wolverine: No later than 15 days after the end of the month in which you harvested the animal.

Report your harvest

By phone

Due to concerns about COVID-19, we encourage you to report your harvest by calling Client Services at 867-667-5652 or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5652 during regular business hours.

When you call, we will provide further guidance on how to submit any mandatory biological submissions.

You will need to provide:

  • your hunting licence number;
  • seal number;
  • harvest location (Game Management Subzone and nearest landmark);
  • sex of the animal;
  • date of harvest; and
  • biological submission if required.

When to report your harvest

You must report your harvest no later than 15 days after the end of the month in which the animal was taken. Some species and areas require shorter reporting times. Review the current Yukon hunting regulations summary to make sure you meet your reporting requirements.

Special requirements

Faro threshold hunt area (Game Management Subzones 4-44, 4-45 and 4-46)

You must report your moose harvest within 72 hours.

Bison, elk and deer

Bison, elk and deer permits have special reporting requirements. Check the conditions listed on your permit or see the Yukon hunting regulations summary.

What happens after I make my harvest report?

You'll receive a harvest report number. This number confirms you've completed the reporting requirement.

Keep your harvest number on file. You'll be required to provide it and your hunting licence number if you want to export the wildlife, or give it to a taxidermist or meat cutter.


For questions about reporting your hunting results email or phone: 867-667-5652 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5652.