- Yukon Archives Descriptive Database
- Yukon Archives image database
- Yukon Archives library catalogue
- Research your family history
- Research guides
Yukon Archives Descriptive Database
The Yukon Archives Descriptive Database is an online guide to our archival holdings.
The image database is currently offline. Contact the archives and our staff will help you find what you need.
It has descriptions of many, but not all, of our records. For example, it does not include published material from the Yukon Archives library. It does provide access to a small number of digital archival records.
We add new information on a regular basis. If you cannot find a record, you may have to visit Yukon Archives to consult our paper-based inventories.
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-8061 or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8061.
Yukon Archives image database
Yukon Archives library catalogue
On April 1, 2020, the Yukon Archives Library catalogue will no longer be hosted by the Yukon Public Library. Instead, you can search our catalogue directly:
We have a large collection of books and serials about Yukon and its surrounding regions. These materials cover subjects including:
- Yukon and northern history;
- science and nature; and
You're welcome to read these materials in our research room, but you cannot borrow them for use off-site.
You can also find electronic versions of some current and historical publications in the catalogue.
Research your family history
Use Yukon Genealogy to research your family history. It gives you access to resources related to Yukon genealogical research.
We compiled this resource with the Dawson City Museum and Historical Society Archives.
Search results are listed by institution.
Research guides can help you find relevant records for your search. Finding aids contain detailed information about specific collections. Bibliographies list relevant Yukon Archives materials for specific subjects.
Private records, bibliographies and other search aids
The resources below that are not hyperlinked are not available online.
- Alaska Highway and Canol Bibliography
- Anglican Church, Diocese of Yukon Records
- Arctic Winter Games Corporation fonds
- Barnes, Albert Charles - Inventory to the Albert Charles Barnes fonds
- Beaufort Region Bibliography, A Yukon Perspective, Vol. 3
- Beaufort Region Bibliography, A Yukon Perspective, Vol. 4
- Bell, Doug - Inventory to the Doug Bell fonds
- Black, Martha - Inventory to the Martha Louise Black fonds
- Bobillier, Father Marcel - TABLE DES MATIÈRES [Journaux intimes du Père Marcel Bobillier, 1939-1986]
- Canadian Mine Workers Union fonds
- Carcross Community Education Centre fonds
- Clyde Wann Motors Ltd. fonds
- Dawson City Festival Foundation fonds
- Education in the Yukon Bibliography
- From Sissons to Meyer, The Administrative Development of the Yukon Government, 1948-1979
- Genealogy Sources, revised 2003
- Hydrocarbon Development, A Yukon Perspective, Vol. 1
- Hydrocarbon Development, A Yukon Perspective, Vol. 2
- Inventory to Posters, Original Art and Miscellaneous Items
- Nordling, Otto fonds - Inventory to the Otto Nordling fonds
- People of the Yukon Bibliography: Dawson Charlie, George and Kate Carmack, Robert Henderson, and Skookum Jim
- Richter, Herta fonds - Inventory to the Herta Richter fonds
- Taylor and Drury Ltd., Mayo Branch Records Collection, 1919-1960
- Through the Eyes of Strangers: a preliminary survey of land use history in the Yukon during the late nineteenth century
- Tizya, Clara fonds - Inventory to the Clara Tizya fonds
- Walmsley, Gordon and Lorna fonds 1954-1974
- White Pass and Yukon Route fonds
- Whitehorse Chamber of Commerce fonds
- Whitehorse Copper Belt
- Whitehorse Credit Union fonds
- Whitehorse Jaycees fonds
- Wilkinson family fonds
- Wright, Allen fonds - Inventory to the Allen Wright fonds
- Young Women's Christian Association (YWCA) fonds
- Yukon Economic Studies Bibliography, 1999-2015
- Yukon Electrical Co. Ltd. fonds
- Yukon Indian Arts and Crafts Co-operative Ltd. fonds
- Yukon Land Claims Bibliography
- Yukon Law Society fonds
- Yukon Petroleum Fuel Pricing Inquiry fonds
- Yukon Residential Schools Bibliography
Municipal government records
- City of Whitehorse, 1950-1984
- Dawson City Municipal Records
- Hamlet of Elsa fonds, 1985-1989
- Town of Faro fonds, 1971-1990
- Haines Junction Municipality fonds, 1963-1988
- Mayo Local Improvement District fonds, 1968-1984
- Village of Teslin fonds, 1961-1990
- Watson Lake Local Improvement District fonds, 1967-1983
Federal and territorial government records
- Series 1, Central Registry Files, 1894-1951
- Series 2, Central Registry Files, 1898-1950
- Series 3, Yukon Game Branch, 1898-1950
- Series 4, Central Registry Files, 1900-1957
- Series 5, Whitehorse Agent, 1898-1964
- Series 6, Central Registry Files - Whitehorse Mining Recorder, 1894-1951
- Series 7, Central Registry Files, 1898-1951
- Series 8, Central Registry Files - Miscellaneous, 1894-1972
- Series 9, Central Registry Files - Game Records, 1944-1975
- Series 10, Placer Mining Records, 1894-1972
- Index to Creeks and Tributaries: Series 10, Mining Recorders: record books for placer mining claims, 1896-1969
- Series 11, Territorial Court Records, 1897-1950
- Series 12, Territorial Treasurer Records, 1951-1969
- Series 1-12 [combined] (2003 version)
- Yukon, Records Office files - 1901-1977 [R.O.F.]
- Colonialism, Archives and Yukon First Nations
- Canada, Northwest Territories and Yukon Branch (Yukon material)
Other public office records
- Joint Commission on Indian Education and Training fonds
- United States. Air Force, Distant Early Warning (DEW) System, BAR-1 Auxiliary Station fonds