The governments of Quebec and Yukon each invest $25,000 annually in the Intergovernmental Cooperation Program. It supports projects that promote the vitality of the Yukon Francophone community.
This program stems from the Agreement for Cooperation and Exchange between the Government of Yukon and the Government of Quebec with Respect to the Francophonie.
You can submit a proposal if you live in Yukon and you:
- represent an organization (association, business, facility or institution); or
- are an individual and your project is endorsed by an organization (letter of support required).
Your proposal is eligible if it:
- involves the participation of at least one partner in Quebec;
- promotes the French language and the vitality of the Francophone community in Yukon; and
- is aligned with the priorities of the Francophone community.
About your project
Your project needs to address one of the five program priorities:
- Health and well-being
- Heritage and culture
- Economic development
Your proposal should help you to:
- find a partner in Quebec; or
- work on a collaborative venture or exchange of expertise; or
- complete a collaborative community project.
For more information to help you plan your project:
- Read about previously funded projects.
- Learn more about this program on the Government of Quebec website (in French).
How is your application rated?
Objectives of the program
- Strengthen ties between Quebec and Yukon’s French-speaking population.
- Support the vitality of Yukon’s French-speaking population across the territory.
- Promote Canada’s Francophonie nationally.
Types of partnerships
- The most points will be awarded to projects clearly showing equal contributions by the applicant and the Quebec partner.
- Fewer points will be awarded if the applicant and the Quebec partner have a contractual relationship.
French-speaking community priorities
- Linkage with the priorities set out in the Comprehensive plan for the development of Yukon's French-speaking community (in French)
- Size and diversity of prospective audience.
- Spinoffs for Yukon’s French-speaking community.
- Spinoffs for Quebec.
- Extent of anticipated visibility of project.
Quality of application
- Clarity of project and objectives.
- Realistic nature and feasibility of activity calendar.
- Realistic revenue and expenditure projections;
- Size of applicant’s monetary/in-kind contribution;
- Size of Quebec partner’s monetary/in-kind contribution.
- Variety of funding sources outside the Government of Quebec and Government of Yukon.
The deadline for submitting your proposal has passed for 2019.
We will announce the next call for proposals in February 2020. You will have until March 2020 to submit your application.
Before completing your application, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-8260 to talk about your project. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- If this is your first time applying, create your profile in the Partner Bank (in French).
- Complete the online application form on the Government of Quebec website.
These online forms are available in French only on the Government of Quebec's website. To obtain the form in English, email email@example.com or phone 867-667-8260.
For more information about the Quebec-Yukon Intergovernmental Cooperation Program, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-8260.