The Cultural Industries Training Fund supports the training needs of Yukon's cultural industry. It funds training that will increase employment, productivity or economic potential.
It supports training for jobs relating to the economic aspect of the arts sector. These jobs enable artists' work to reach the public. This includes jobs such as: artistic director, general manager, production coordinator, marketer, framer, curator, conservator, editor, copyist, tuner, production accountant, translator, publisher, designer, make-up artist, etc.
Apply for funding to develop your professional artistic skills through the Advanced Artist Award.
- Individuals can apply for training funds that will increase their employment or business opportunities.
- Groups can apply for funding to hold training if there is real economic potential and demand for the training.
- Screen arts: film, video and digital media
- Music and sound recording
- Visual arts and crafts
- Performing arts
- Writing and publishing
- Cultural labour force
A representative from each sector is on the selection committee.
Eligible expenses include but aren't limited to:
- planning and coordination
- rental of venue or equipment
- professional fees
Apply for funding
- Contact an arts advisor to ensure your project is eligible. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-8789.
- We will put you in touch with the appropriate sector representative. They have experience in the cultural industries and will discuss your project with you to ensure that it is good fit for this program.
- Read and complete the guidelines and application form.
- Submit your application:
In Person: 100 Hanson Street in Whitehorse, Yukon. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Cultural Industries Training Fund (L-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
Sector representatives meet to review the applications and make funding recommendations. We will notify you of the results within 3 weeks of the application deadline.
The deadline is 4:30 p.m. PST on:
- March 15
- May 15
- September 15
- January 15
If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, it moves to the next business day. Late applications will not be accepted.
See who has received the Cultural Industries Training Fund from 2015 to present.