The New Canadians Event Fund supports public festivals or events that celebrate the communities and cultures of new Canadians.
Only registered non-profit societies based in Yukon can apply. A society must:
- have a primarily cultural or multicultural mandate, or be significantly involved in a cultural activity; and
- have an interest in helping new Canadians with their transition to living in Yukon.
Your event must be open to the public.
Apply for funding
- Download the application form and guidelines
- Submit you completed application.
In person: 100 Hanson Street, Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Arts Fund (L-3)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
You may apply for multiple projects per fiscal year. You may receive up to a yearly total of $10,000.
Funds can be used for:
- venue and event coordination fees;
- lighting and technical costs;
- talent fees;
- equipment rental;
- decorations; and
You can apply at any time. We recommend that you apply at least 6 weeks before your event.