What is the Express Micro-grant?
You can apply to this program if you:
- work in a creative or cultural industry; and
- are looking for a small amount of funding to help you complete a project.
You can apply for an amount between $100 and $5,000.
We'll prioritize applications from:
- people who have not received funding before; and
- traditionally underrepresented communities.
Eligible applicants are:
- emerging, established and professional artists, creatives, or people involved in the creative and cultural industries;
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada who have lived in the Yukon for at least 1 continuous year prior to the award deadline;
- artist collectives where a minimum of 75% of members meet the above Yukon residency requirements;
- non-profit societies registered in the Yukon that are in good standing;
- businesses that present activities centring around artists;
- First Nation governments that present activities centring around artists; and
- municipal government that presents activities centring around artists.
Who cannot apply?
Ineligible applicants are:
- a person under the age of 16;
- a person or group who submits more than 1 application at a time;
- an organization that receives Arts Operating Funds, unless the proposed project explores significantly new approaches or activities;
- a person or group who has outstanding reports for any previous Yukon government arts funding; and
- a person or group whose submission is incomplete.
Which projects are ineligible?
Ineligible activities include:
- large capital purchases;
- activities already receiving other arts funding; and
- projects and activities that take place prior to the application submission.
See the program guidelines for more details.
There are 2 tiers of funding available. Funding can cover 100 per cent of eligible expenses.
Tier 1: Up to $1,500
Tier 2: $1,501 to $5,000
Apply to the Express Micro-grant
Before you apply, download the application and guidelines. Make sure that your project and you or your group are eligible.
- We recommend you contact an arts advisor to discuss your project. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the application and prepare any supporting materials.
- Submit your completed application.
How to contact an arts advisor or submit your application:
In person: 100 Hanson Street, Whitehorse. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Phone: 867-667-3535 or 867-667-8789 or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8789.
Government of Yukon
Arts Fund (L-3)
Funding decision process
Arts advisors will assess the applications against the program’s eligibility, requirements and criteria. Applications will be assessed on the potential impacts and benefits of the activity, not on artistic excellence.
We'll notify you of the results in writing within 5 working days for tier 1 and 10 working days for tier 2.
The grant has a rolling intake and you can apply at any time.
See a listing of past fund recipients from 2023.
Arts advisors are available to answer questions or help you to prepare your application. For questions about applying to the Express Micro-grant, email email@example.com or phone 867-667-8789, or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8789.