The Touring Artist Fund (TAF) is for professional Yukon artists and performers. Every year we have $100,000 for touring outside Yukon. This fund is open to all artistic practices.
- Yukon artists, ensembles, or artistic companies who create, produce or interpret art in theatre, dance, music, visual art, film, storytelling or a combination of art forms.
- You must have lived in Yukon for 1 continuous year before applying.
- Ensembles must have a history of performing together.
Due to effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, the eligibility criteria have been temporarily modified. This change will support artists while travel and health restrictions are in place. As of June 15, 2020, eligible projects include:
- touring within Yukon; and
- online (digital) "tours".
- Have a firm invitation from a venue, resulting from a professional selection process. This can be things like merit-based selection by jury, curator or artistic committee;
- tour outside of Yukon, within Yukon, or by digital means;
- have more than 1 event on the tour; and
- present your art to the public.
We expect this change to remain in place until we reach Phase IV of Yukon’s plan for lifting COVID-19 restrictions.
If you have questions, email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-8789 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408 ext. 8789.
The deadline to apply is 4:30 p.m. on:
- March 15
- June 15
- September 15
- December 15
Applications must be postmarked on or before the day of the deadline. If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, it moves to the next business day.
Apply to the Touring Artist Fund
- Download the application and guidelines.
- Submit your completed application and supporting documents.
In person: 100 Hanson Street, Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. On the day of the deadline, there will be a drop box for applications inside our doors.
Government of Yukon
Arts Fund (L-3)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
- The Yukon Arts Advisory Council reviews applications and makes funding recommendations to the Minister of Tourism and Culture for approval. Applicants are notified of the results within 8 weeks of the application deadline.
Funding availability and eligible expenses
Applicants may receive up to $10,000 towards eligible expenses. This includes:
- Travel, accommodation and per diems;
- fees for other artists (but not the applicant);
- visas and permits;
- cargo and crating;
- equipment rental;
- tour promotion and marketing; and
- expenses related to preparing for the tour. This can include things like framing, video transfers, music copying and rehearsing.
See who received the Touring Artist Fund from 2008 to present.