The Touring Artist Fund (TAF) is for professional Yukon artists and performers. Every year we have $100,000 for touring outside Yukon. This fund is open to all artistic practices.
- Yukon artists, ensembles, or artistic companies who create, produce or interpret art in theatre, dance, music, visual art, film, storytelling or a combination of art forms.
- You must have lived in Yukon for 1 continuous year before applying.
- Ensembles must have a history of performing together.
- Have a firm invitation from a venue, resulting from a professional selection process. This can be things like merit-based selection by jury, curator or artistic committee;
- tour outside of Yukon;
- have more than 1 event on the tour;
- present your art to the public.
The deadline to apply is 4:30 p.m. PST on: March 15, June 15, September 15 and December 15.
Applications must be postmarked on or before the day of the deadline. If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, it moves to the next business day.
Apply to the Touring Artist Fund
- Download the application and guidelines.
- Submit your completed application and supporting documents.
In person: 100 Hanson Street, Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Arts Fund (L-3)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
- The Yukon Arts Advisory Council reviews applications and makes funding recommendations to the Minister of Tourism and Culture for approval. Applicants are notified of the results within 8 weeks of the application deadline.
Funding availability and eligible expenses
Applicants may receive up to $10,000 towards eligible expenses. This includes:
- Travel, accommodation and per diems;
- fees for other artists (but not the applicant);
- visas and permits;
- cargo and crating;
- equipment rental;
- tour promotion and marketing; and
- expenses related to preparing for the tour. This can include things like framing, video transfers and music copying.
See who received the Touring Artist Fund from 2008 to present.