What to do if you're granted arts funding

  • Submit an invoice
  • Receive payments by mail or direct deposit
  • What to do if your project changes
  • Create a financial report
  • ​Acknowledge the funding support
  • COVID-19 support for recipients

  1. Submit an invoice

    You must submit an invoice along with any supporting documents identified in your agreement to receive payments. You can download a sample invoice to get started.

    If you are awarded funds through:

    an arts advisor will prepare an agreement for you to sign. Once you return the agreement, invoice us for the first instalment. Keep a copy of the agreement for your records.

    If you are awarded:

    you should submit an invoice as soon as you have been notified.

    Submit an invoice:
    In person: 100 Hanson Street, Whitehorse, Yukon. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
    Email: artsfund@gov.yk.ca
    Fax: 867-393-6456
    Government of Yukon
    Arts Fund (L-3)
    Box 2703
    Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6

  2. Receive payments by mail or direct deposit

    We will send your payments by mail or you can choose to sign up for direct deposit.

    To sign up for direct deposit, follow the instructions on the direct deposit page. Once you have registered, all Yukon government payments go directly into your bank account.

  3. What to do if your project changes

    Contact an arts advisor if your project is going to change from the description in your application.

    They will determine if the change is significant. This is to make sure the expenses and intent of the project align with the application approved by the jury.

    We need to approve significant changes. If you make changes without our approval, this could mean your project is ineligible and we may need you to return your funding.

    What to do if you can't complete your project

    Contact an arts advisor to discuss your circumstances. There is no financial penalty. We may need a report describing what you achieved and how you have spent funds so far.

    You must return unused funding to us.

    You can reapply for funding if we've received a satisfactory report from you.

    What to do if you need an extension

    Contact an arts advisor to discuss your circumstances. We may ask you to provide a final report even if the project is not completed as you had envisioned.

  4. Create a financial report

    When you create your final report, the financial section should look like the budget summary in your application, except that all the figures will be your actual costs and revenues.

    Download a sample financial report.

    Provide detailed information. Include in-kind goods and services, sponsors and other funding.

    Keep the receipts from your project expenses. You will need receipts to prepare your final financial report. We may request to see your project receipts for up to 2 years after the completion of your agreement.

    Sign the report when it's completed. For group applicants, 2 authorized officials from the organization must sign.

    Submit your financial report

    In person: 100 Hanson Street in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
    Government of Yukon
    Arts Fund (L-3)
    Box 2703
    Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6

  5. ​Acknowledge the funding support

    You must acknowledge this support in all your project-related communications. This includes print, electronic or other media.

    Contact us to get the Government of Yukon logo.

    It must be legible and maintain its aspect ratio, colour tone and resolution. For more on using the logo, download the brand standards.

    You must also include the Lotteries Yukon logo if you've received:

    • the operating component of the Arts Operating Funds; or
    • the Advanced Artist Award.

    Follow Yukon Lotteries' standards and guidelines for its placement.

  6. COVID-19 support for recipients

    We recognize the challenges that the Yukon arts community faces as numerous events are cancelled and programming changes.
    If your organization already has an active Transfer Payment Agreement for project funding and you have started the project but then find you must cancel or delay it due to COVID-19, you can still claim the eligible expenses you have incurred up to the amount of your agreement. 

    Find program announcements and specific contact information.


For questions about accessing your arts funding email artsfund@gov.yk.ca, or phone 867-667-3535 or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 3535.